UTMSU Tax Clinic 2018/19
Need help filing your 2018 taxes? Sign up for UTMSU free tax clinic today!
When: Monday, March 18 – Friday, April 30, 2019 (weekdays only)
Time: 11AM – 6PM
Where: Green Room – Student Centre
Documents to bring (where applicable):
- Your social insurance number (SIN). International students who do not have SIN, can apply for Individual Tax number (ITN) by completing ITN application form which can be downloaded here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/t1261-16e.pdf
- 2018 Notice of Assessment from CRA. In case you do not have the notice of assessment, please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281 and ask for unused federal and provincial tuition, education and textbook amounts.
- T4 – Salary and wages slip – Provided by your employers
- T4A – Scholarship or bursaries – Can be downloaded from ACORN
- T5 – Investment income slip – Provided by your bank or investment company
- T2202A – Tuition fees and education slip – Can be downloaded from ACORN
- Charitable or political donation receipt – Provided by registered charity or political parties
- Rent receipt – Proof of payment from your landlord. It can be in a form of receipts or a letter indicating the number of months occupied and amount paid as rent in year 2018
- Void cheque or direct deposit slip
UTMSU will not be able to file taxes for individuals who:
- Has an income of more than $30,000
- Has an interest income of more than $1,000
- Is self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have capital gains or losses
- Has filed for bankruptcy
- Failed to show up for their appointment or did not bring appropriate documents
Book An Appointment
Click here to book an appointment. Note that each appointment is about 20 minutes long but depending on the individual person, appointments may exceed 20 minutes.
Walk-Ins are also available starting April 8th, 2019. Please note that priority is given to folks who have appointments and walk-ins after.
Want to file your taxes yourself or want to file previous year taxes? As members of the Canadian Federation of Students, UTMSU members have access to online tax filing software UFILE for free. For more details, please visit here!
Still need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org