UTMSU AODA Statement of Commitment
The University of Toronto Mississauga Students’ Union (UTMSU) is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our members, clients/customers, patients, students, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors, and other stakeholders who enter our premises, access our information, or use our transportation services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), Customer Service Standard, and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for Information and Communications, Employment, and Transportation, and eventually, for the Built Environment.
The UTMSU’s commitment to making our organization accessible to everyone includes the integration of accessibility legislation with our policies, procedures, programs, events, campaigns, and training. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
We are committed to reviewing and incorporating the following information with our employees, board members, and executives:
- Legislation regarding the Human Rights Code and the AODA, 2005.
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications, Employment.
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection.
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplace accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- Customer service standards.
- Accessible communication supports and information formats (digital and non-digital).
- Communicating with people with various forms of disabilities.
- Accessible websites and web content.
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Transportation vehicles and equipment requirements.
- The Students’ Union’s relevant policies and procedures regarding accessibility.
- Reporting procedures.
- Training procedures.
The UTMSU realizes that providing accessible and barrier-free environments for everyone is a shared effort. For more detailed information on our accessibility policies, plans, and training programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.