What is a U-Pass?
The Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) is one of the many great services offered by the UTMSU – it allows students unlimited fare-free rides on all City of Mississauga’s transit busses, MiWay. All you need to do is present your U-Pass card and T-card (UofT student ID) while boarding one of the MiWay busses and you will be able to ride for free – all year long – as many times as you need to!
Your U-Pass is a transit card that you can pick up from the UTM Student Center during U-Pass distribution periods. Our Fall/Winter U-Pass is active September 1 through April 30, and the Summer U-Pass is active May 1 through August 31. A U-Pass is only available and valid in a term for which a student has been charged a U-Pass fee. For example, a student taking only fall-term courses may receive and use a U-Pass in the fall term only.
All UTM undergraduate and Mississauga Academy of Medicine (MAM) undergraduate students are eligible to collect a Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass). Associated fees are mandatory and automatically charged to each eligible student’s ACORN account. U-Pass distribution periods are coordinated by UTMSU annually and pick-up locations are set-up in the UTM Student Centre.
Each full-time and part-time undergraduate student is eligible after:
- Having made or deferred the required fee minimum payment through their ACORN account; and
- Be a registered UTM student at the time of pick-up; and
- Possessing a valid T-Card for more than 24 hours; and
- No changes have been made to your ACORN account for more than 72 hours before picking up your U-Pass.
How to collect your U-Pass?
Due to recent campus closures, in person U-Pass pick up has been suspended until the university allows us to re-open. With the uncertainty of a return date we have decided to resume distribution by mailing out the U-Pass. All UTM students interested in having their U-Passes mailed must complete this form: https://forms.office.com/r/d3wY3rkwHk, in order to determine eligibility and to confirm mailing information. You must access the form using your mail.utoronto.ca email address. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I picked up a U-Pass in the Fall Semester, do I need to pick up another one in January? No, the U-Pass from the Fall semester is the same as the Winter semester. Your U-Pass is valid until April 30, 2022.
- When will my U-Pass expire? Whether you picked up your U-Pass in the fall or are picking it up this winter semester, your U-Pass will expire after April 30, 2022.
U-Pass Policy & Replacements:
Due to campus closure, we have currently stopped in-person U-Pass distribution. U-Passes will be mailed out to students, however, replacement U-Passes will not be mailed out. You will have to book a date and time for U-Pass Replacement pick-up by getting in contact with the U-Pass coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Routes 101/101A Dundas Express and 107 Malton Express will be suspended
- Route 103 Hurontario Express will have reduced weekday service frequency
- More info: http://ow.ly/rgfi50Hotja