How to properly plan finances:
● Know how to plan ahead
● Try not to go over your budget
● Be aware of your frequent costs
● Be prepared for unexpected costs
● Be prepared for emergencies
Scholarships and awards available here.
Finding a bank and how to transfer funds to Canada:
While it is possible to have money transferred to Canada through banking institutions, money transfer firms like Western Union can also be used to transfer money internationally. However, fees can be high. It is therefore important to find what the costs are and what is the best alternative for you as a student.
Funds can be transferred to Canada when you’re outside by:
● Bank drafts: Bank drafts are secure alternatives to opening a foreign currency account.
● Having a bank card from your home bank that will be used in Canada. However. you need to be mindful of the service charges and the exchange rates changing everyday.
Funds can be transferred from your own bank to Canada by:
● Transferring funds from a local bank to a Canadian banks ensures you that your money is available once you get to Canada.
● It is also possible for you to use your bank card from your home bank on ATMs in Canada.
Culturally significant shops:
B-Trust, Golden Square. 1177 Central Pky W, Mississauga, ON L5C 4P3
TNT: 715 Central Pkwy W, Mississauga, ON L5B 4L1
PAT Mississauga: 333 Dundas St E
PAT Central: 675 Bloor St W
Mr. India Grocers: 3950 Grand Park Dr
Bombay Grocers: 1201 Britannia Rd W