UTMSU Tax Clinic 2016/17
Need help filing your 2016 taxes? Sign up for UTMSU free tax clinic today!
When: Monday March 20 – Friday April 21, 2017
Where: Green Room – Student Centre
Documents to brings (where applicable):
- Your social insurance number (SIN). International students who do not have SIN, can apply for Individual Tax number (ITN) by completing ITN application form which can be downloaded here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/t1261-16e.pdf
- 2015 Notice of Assessment from CRA. In case you do not have the notice of assessment, please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281 and ask for unused federal and provincial tuition, education and textbook amounts.
- T4 – Salary and wages slip – Provided by your employers
- T4A – Scholarship or bursaries – Can be downloaded from ACORN
- T5 – Investment income slip – Provided by your bank or investment company
- T2202A – Tuition fees and education slip – Can be downloaded from ACORN
- Charitable or political donation receipt – Provided by registered charity or political parties
- Monthly or yearly public transit passes. (UPASS is not a transit receipt)
- Rent receipt – Proof of payment from your landlord. It can be in a form of receipts or a letter indicating the number of months occupied and amount paid as rent in year 2015
- Void cheque or direct deposit slip
Regrettably, UTMSU will not be able to file taxes for individuals who:
- Has an income of more than $30,000
- Has an interest income of more than $1,000
- Is self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have capital gains or losses
- Has filed for bankruptcy
- Failed to show up for their appointment or did not bring appropriate documents
Want to file your taxes yourself or want to file previous year taxes? As members of the Canadian Federation of Students, UTMSU members have access to online tax filing software UFILE for free. For more details, please visit here!
Still need help? Call infobooth at 905-828-4520 or email email@example.com